The South West Coast Path is a beautiful national trail of around 630 miles in total running from the Somerset holiday town of Minehead in the North to the stunning Dorset town of Poole in the south. En route the trail runs along the rugged and picturesque coastlines of Devon and Cornwall – this really is a once-in-a-lifetime trail for most people, which is why we would like to help you achieve it! We have broken the distance down into 5 bite-sized events – the first of which we will be running this year.
For the ultimate trail running challenge, why don’t you run or walk 106 miles along the South West Coast Path with us over 4 days in September 2019?
The concept is simple, each day you will run, jog, walk or stagger your way along the trail, until you reach our campsites or “runners villages” as we like to call them. Our villages will be equipped with toilets and showers, entertainment, food and drink, sports massage and ice baths. You can bring your own tent and pitch it yourself each night, or book a pre-erected tent and it will be up and waiting for you on arrival. You don’t need to worry about your luggage; we will transfer it to the next campsite while you are on the trail.
You don’t even need to worry about your transport – we’ve thought of that too! Just get yourself to the final night’s campsite on Thursday pm, you can park your car there for the duration of the event. We will then provide you with a coach on Friday morning to drive you and your fellow runners back to Minehead for registration and to begin the event. You then spend the next 4 days running back to your car!
The S.A.N.D. Ultra is intended to be an amazing challenge, but something which is achievable to anybody who has a reasonable level of fitness. The social side of the run will be fantastic, and we guarantee you will meet some amazing people and form some fantastic friendships along the way! This is not a race, we will not time you at any stage, and there are no prizes for coming first. Its also your responsibility to navigate along the trail and find the route, however don’t worry, the trail is really well way-marked.
- Run part of the stunning South West Coast Path over 4 Days.
- S.A.N.D. Ultra T-Shirt for each participant.
- Medal for all finishers.
- Check-points along the route with water and snacks provided.
- Campsites (Runners Village) along the route with hot showers and toilets included in your entry fee.
- Option to pay a little extra for a pre-erected tent at each campsite.
- Runners Village with sports massage (£15 for 10 minute massage) and free ice baths for participants use.
- Full medical support throughout the event.
- Runners Village with entertainment, food and drink each night and morning included.
- Luggage transfers from campsite to campsite each day.
- Transfer from the final campsite (where you can leave your car) back to Minehead on the first morning of the run included in your entry fee.
- Amazing friendly atmosphere created along the run.