Getting to Island Riding Centre
GREAT NEWS! Once you have booked, we will send you a discount code that entitles you to 15% OFF YOUR RED FUNNEL FERRY BOOKING!
The Island Riding Centre is located just outside the town of Newport on the Isle of Wight. The entrance to our event is located on Staplers Road, between Monkey Haven and Butterfly World. If you are using a Sat Nav to get to the event, the post code for Island Riding Centre is PO30 2NB. We will have road signage as you approach the entrance to the event.
From the Mainland by Car
- There are several routes and ferry companies that can get you across to the island, however, we would recommend that you use Red Funnel from Southampton as we are in the process of getting a discount code for our runners, so watch this space!
- Access the Red Funnel Ferry Terminal from the A38 in Southampton (West Quay Road).
- We would recommend that you book the vehicle ferry to East Cowes.
- Once you exit the ferry on the Island, leave the terminal and immediately head straight across the roundabout outside the terminal on the A3021 Well Road. Stay on the A3021 as it becomes York Avenue.
- Follow the A3021 out of Cowes and continue until you reach a roundabout. Take the first exit signposted to Ryde on the A3054.
- Take the first right hand turn signposted to Sandown on the A3056 Park Road.
- At the end of the road, turn right at the mini roundabout onto Whiteralls Road. This turns into Staplers Road.
- .Island Riding Centre can be found on the right hand side – please look out for the event signage.
Using Public Transport
Again, take the ferry from Southampton to East Cowes, then either take a taxi from the port or hop on buses as follows:
11:16 – 11:51
11:20 from Well Road
- 11:16East Cowes
0.2 mi (4 mins)
- 11:20Well Road
4 towards Ryde
Departs in 5 min 13 sec
0.2 mi (5 mins)
- 11:41Gravel Pit Road
9 towards Newport
0.3 mi (6 mins)
Tickets and information
These directions are for planning purposes only. You may find that construction projects, traffic, weather or other events may cause conditions to differ from the map results, and you should plan your route accordingly. You must obey all signs or notices regarding your route.