Nordic Walking Category
Nordic Walking at the 2019 Cotswold Running Festival
For the third year, you can now sign up for all our adult events as a Nordic Walker! You can participate either as a solo Nordic Walker, or as part of a team of Nordic Walkers (2 to 5 people in each team) if you’re entering the 12 or 24 Hour Races. The rules are exactly the same as for the runners, except that you must use Nordic Walking poles and Nordic Walking technique (not “normal” walking), also please note, no skipping or running is allowed!
You can enter the event as a solo to see how far you could Nordic Walk in 12 or 24 hours, or as part of a team (2 to 5 people in each team). If you sign up as a team, only one person from each team is allowed on the trail at any one time (it’s a relay race!), and its simply a case of which team can do the most 9km laps in 12 or 24 hours. This is an exciting exciting category for us at 100 Mile Run, and we look forward to welcoming our Nordic Walking friends back to our 2019 event, and some new friends this year!
- 12 or 24 Hour Races – Sign up as a solo or a team of two to five people.
- Nordic Walk a well marked off-road 9km (or 5km) course around the beautiful Bathurst Estate in the heart of the Cotswolds.
- Free camping for the duration of the event. You can arrive from 5pm on Friday 2nd Aug if you want to camp the night before as well.
- Full professional chip timing and lap counting.
- You can pay extra for pre-pitched tent hire if you want accommodation provided and set up by the time you arrive. Visit our friends at Pillow.
- Toilets and Showers.
- Friends and Family can enjoy the event as well. Family Camping Tickets are available at £20 per adult, children under 16 years old are free
- Entertainment Friday and Saturday evenings.
- Ample Food and Drink outlets.
- Event T-Shirts are available at £15 each.
- Sports Massage (£15 for 10 minutes) and free Ice Baths.
- Fully Qualified Medical Support.
- Medals for all finishers. 1st, 2nd & 3rd prizes for each category winner.